Friday, November 8, 2013

Five for FRIDAY !

It's Friday, Friday  Everybody loves Friday!

So, my week has been interesting to say the least. This week the entire district was benchmark testing and it really altered my schedule. However, some good things have come out of this week.


Well, I finally received my copy of Christopher Lehman's Close Reading book. YAy! I have not started reading it yet but excited to be able to read it.




I spent part of my week doing this. Holy Moly Gucamole! This is necessary but not fun at all. At two of my school's this week. I helped out with the benchmark scantrons. Students in grades 1 and 2 fill answers directly in test booklet. This information needs to be transferred to a scantron so it can be scored.

So, I am watching the Story of Math because that is the kinda gal I am. I want to know why and how the place value system came to be. Not necessarily to teach my 2nd and 3rd grade students but to understand it better and provide more conceptual info about place value.  Right now as I type I am listening to how Pythagorus' Theory was born. 

This week I received the news that one of the grants proposals I wrote was accepted. Goodie Gumdrops. We have been granted! We now will start our cohort and begin work on learning about CGI math. One of the best parts is that we will be able to collaborate with a cohort at another school studying CGI as well. 


The best of all. My kindergarten math teacher and I were able to develop a Math Routine worksheet aligned to the Mountain Math subscription( which is not Common Core Aligned) and the other existing math routines. 

That's it Five for Friday almost Fraturday! And a 3 day weekend is coming so I need to post this so I can start enjoying my weekend. 

Happy Teaching!


No comments:

Post a Comment