Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Is it Spring Break Yet?

Is it Spring Break Yet? and Who goes to a conference two days before spring Break? I go to a conference two days before Spring Break. So, I spent this week dreaming literally dreaming about the amazing PD I was going to attend the week before spring break. It is like a Smorgasborg of Great PD. I could barely focus on my day job. I mean it is the kind of PD that just makes you giddy. First of all it is the week before SPRINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG BREAAAAAAAAAAAAK!I should have been counting days until I get to sleep in well sorta sleep in my babies are not on Spring Break with me so I will be at their school. NO not me I was counting down the days until Tuesday Night Wahooooo! So,Tuesday Afternoon, I meet with a cohort group of fellowship Alumnus and about 4 of them had just returned from, the amazing and overloading Teacher's College Reading and Writing Workshop at University of Columbia. They were such lucky ducks(not really they have been working at this for over 10 years,I observed at their school a couple of years ago and holy moly gucamole it was amazing) but they did get a really big grant and they flew out to NY and attended a 4 day training on Informational Reading and Writing integrated with Science and Social Studies. Say that three times. It is a mouthful but boy oh boy the juicy nuggets of goodness that they shared were amazing. I can not wait to begin experimenting with them. Thanks Ms. Tara from Louisiana. So, 7:00 pm sharing time finished 8:30 parking lot discussion with teacher buds I do not get to see everyday anymore ends. INSERT SAD WIMPER! :( Oh did I forget the assessments, the looks the stares the OH YEAH's the assessments are sooo cool. I will post about this soon. If you cannot wait check out the TCWRP website.

 Let's move on to Wednesday afternoon, where oh where am I going. That's right you guessed it more PD. This was not as delightful as Tuesday but equally as cool. It was EDCALIBUR. It is a online lesson plan, data management tool. I have not fully explored it but it has a great calendar tool for planning and sharing lessons online. As I am typing I am thinking this needs to be combined with a Confer App, Daily Pensieve, or Chronicles App (found out about Chronicles Tuesday Night) to really pull you lessons, conferring, strategy groups lessons, and data to drive instruction.


 And now Wednesday Night I am writing this blog, doing laundry,setting up my sched. for the CUE CONFERENCE. Yeah! for CUE. My Husband will be Dad and Mom for the next few days. (Please if you see my children with messy hair and/or mismatch clothes, do not make fun of them their dad did his best) My teacher friends who have never been to CUE are like oh you get to chill out and relax. No Way Jose you have to pack tennis shoe, jeans and cute tops for the evenings of networking. The day starts at 6:30am when we start walking to the Convention Center with all the other crazy teachers. Then we speed walking from one session to the next sometimes waiting in line for the Apple Sessions, sitting on concrete in hallways like we are kids again waiting for concert tix. Gotta leave it to Apple to make their sessions ticket only sessions. Then in between sessions  we are all trying to find outlets to charge your tech support systems, smartphone, tablet, laptop. I just found out one of the most amazing math teachers will be at the conference. So, Cha Cha Cha for that!


Well, I am super excited to learn a bunch at CUE and then if I make it through the Conference then I can enjoy SRPIINNNNNNG BREAAAAAAK! So, the question is:
Is It Spring Break Yet? No, but I don't care I am too busy and geeked out to care.


No comments:

Post a Comment