Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What would you do if you were in the same room as your favorite Bloggers?

Last week, I braved the rainy streets of So Cal which is like a Super Snow Storm any where else. I was also super sick but I had already paid for this event and I knew it would be worth it.

What was the Event you ask?

Southern California Kindergarten Conference ( also for Pre K, TK and First Grade teachers)
When I taught Kindergarten I always wanted to go but to no avail. So, here was my chance for me and my kindergarten teacher friend to kinda go. We only bought tickets to the Blogger Bash which I would say was worth the money. Here is the super cute icon that was created by many of the awesome bloggers I stalk. I linked it the Teeny Tiny Teacher's blog if you want to check out her post on the Blogger Bash.
She is quite amazing.
So, did I forget to mention I was SICK so it was not quite the experience I wanted it to be, but still well worth it. Let's start with the negative and get that out of the way. I did not win a raffle prize and there were super cool prizes baskets, binders, beautifully laminated activities, and gift cards Oh My! What I did win was a big fat splinter running my hand under the table to see if I was the lucky winner of a $25 gift card.  No not a winner.
However, I did enjoy the chicken dinner. I also met some new friends that sat with me at my table they were a blast to cheer and hoot with even though I could only hear part of the convo. because my ear was clogged. I got a great little goodie bag with a CD full of fun cool resources, I will certainly be using in my travels from classroom to classroom. I also got a cool idea I have already stolen. That's right I  already ordered my googly eyes from amazon PRIME (pretend the capital letters mean that you sing the word PRIME in a fun voice similar to a chime on you icalendar) I digress. Anyway I don't know how I missed this the first time around but I did and now I am going to so use this.

Eye Like what I see! Click Here to check out Teacher to the Core blog post on it. I have been having these school to school contests for behavior points and it works fine but this, this would be a great way to visually reinforce the idea of participation and behavior management.  I plan to create my little jar this weekend and be up an running next week.  So, the rainy trip was worth it so worth it. I got so many other ideas but this was the first one I am going to begin to implement. LOVE it and Teacher to the Core is pretty darn sarcastic and funny. LOVE that too.

To answer the question:
What would you do if you were in the same room as your favorite bloggers? 
Well, when you sick pretty much just smile, drink tons of water and take it all in. If I were not sick probably run around taking pics on my iphone and asking questions and having small talk but not this time maybe at the next Blogger Bash. Thank you to all the bloggers who were there and put in countless hours preparing for this conference and bash. 

Happy Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment