Monday, March 10, 2014

Who goes to work on Saturdays!


Well, lots of people go to work on Saturdays I suppose but when you are a teacher that is suppose to be your day off.  Well some teachers like to relax, sleep in and/or enjoy a great sunny weather in California and some work. I was in the working group this weekend  I was helping put together an event for a CUE affillate we had a Bring your App's to the 4 C's. The 4 C's the ones every one wants to bring up at every staff meeting since Common Core hit the ground running. Communication, Collaboration, Creativity and Critical Thinking  wahoo! Click here if you want to learn more NEA has a pdf for your enjoyment.

So, this  CUE Coffee Break went off okay but started out as a big pile of FUN. It took awhile to get the network up and running but it did. Since, I did not have access to JoAnn's presentation the day before the event I had to make some guesses on what to test on the wifi I made some guesses and some were right and some were way wrong.  People, I was worried at 4:30pm the day before the event I was still worried 7:00 am the morning of the event still worried but the IT department pulled through for me and one tech guy really made everyone feel comfortable and ready to dig in and learn as well as donate his hotspot to our presenter. Yes, he too came on a Saturday and he was learning all kinds of  tech goodies as well.

If you have not heard of the presenter her name is Jo Ann Fox. Check out her website  Click Here!
She is very certified and friendly.  She was a trooper even though we did not have everything she needed in terms of internet she made it work.

Here we are working hard or at least looking like we are. See the sun streaming in the window no was is day dreaming out the window. Well maybe just me:(




This is the cool thing I am taking away from this event. I had telligami on my iphone/ipad for awhile and I did nothing with it. I did not have an idea nothing. It sounded like this in my brain.....................



That's right nothing. Until this Saturday and then while Jo Ann presented I started to create a telligami.


It is basically an avatar that you can change the background and have him or her talk by recording or typing in the text. I thought about how cool this would be for the introverts of the world who have been forced into doing oral presentations. I thought about tutorials students could make and possible link from Anchor charts with QR codes, what about if you wanted to flip your math class I think it is much cooler to look at this avatar than me.  Cool beans Right! Now, I my brain sounds like this,

dksldksjfkdjsa;lkjdksjfkdjskfjdsljfkldjslfjdsjfdklsjaflkdjskfjdksfjdsfjdklsjfdkjsfkjdsjfdkjsfjdnvmnxkhfioewmnnoewnfdsfbdsjkghjgjajgdkngjkdnsadklsffdksnafndsnafkndsanfkdnsfkldnsmnvdmnvkewjiaerhtpojtnmndsmfldsa.
Yep, not even words just super fast ideas that I can not keep up with. Well, now let's think about this question; Who goes to work on Saturdays? Well, I do along with a group of talented amazing teachers who want to learn and grow into even more talented and amazing teachers.


 As Telligami says Animate Your Life. I animated my life! Check me out!

https://tellagami.com/gami/NHDVH6/

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment