Monday, April 28, 2014

Finally I am Reflecting Again!


Mirror,Mirror on the Ipad where are you because I need you now?

Well, it has been awhile but I am finally up and running with my Reflector app it has been a long time since I have used it and I don't know why. I know this is no new trick but it is an old trick turned new again. I used it a bit last year in my fourth grade classroom and then this year I have not used it as much at all. I have been delivering PD and working in classrooms and schools that I am not used to and touchy wifi connections discouraged me.  So, I kinda gave up! But I have another PD coming up for the Summer sessions. My partner presenter and I really wanted to do a math PD day and I wanted to walk around. Why walk around because I feel so much more comfortable when I am not hooked to wires and I can move around the room. So, I tried it out at home and success, I had seen JoAnn Fox present (check out my earlier post) with no issues at one of my school sites earlier this year I felt motivated to reflect again.

Since we are doing a math session not only do I want to walk around I also want to show the work with word problems the teachers are working on in REAL TIME. This may seem simple but I have delivered PD earlier this year with no document camera and we had to go Old School ( stand up and show us what you did) then everyone leans over, squints their eyes, turns their good ear toward the speaker hoping to gain some insight from the words the speaker is saying. Then the poor presenter tries to be an octopus holding up a sheet of paper, pointing with one had, trying to hold up counters on a piece of paper to model their work, but of course they slide right off.


If you have not heard about it. You need to know the App is called Reflector and you download it on your Mac book or whatever other things are being called computers these days. I am shamefully a Mac girl but I just got an iphone last year, so to each his/her own.  Then you use the airplay on your ipad and Viola you will be reflecting. I am very excited about this I am making my prezo on Keynote just because I am afraid that an online tool may fail me and I can wing it if Reflector does not work on the network, eventhough I really really really don't want to, but if my whole presentations is unattainable WOW! I am not that good. Well Mirror mirror on the Wall where did Reflector Go? Nowhere I was the one who left and I did not like my time away from you so I am back.

So, check it out it will change your world as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment